Monday, December 11, 2006

Xmas trip to Nottingham part 3

As darkness started to fall, the other side of the Xmas decorations surfaced - the LIGHTS! All the stalls on the market took on a different look, the sort of look that gets children (and me) excited and expectant.


People milling around at the side of the council house. It was more crowded than it looks - I waited quite a long time to get this shot.


Look now at the way things look.


Under the Xmas tree - Santa's sleigh and reindeer.


The lovely Christmas tree in market square.


Lights on exchange walk.


The dome on top of the council house. Whoever had this idea deserves a pat on the back. The columns are lit up in an array of colours, changing hue every five seconds or so. This sort of show comes second only to fireworks, in my book.

And so I boarded the tram to make my way home. I never tire of Nottingham, but I am not sure I want to be there too long after dark!


No comments: